Jon Stewart and Bill O’Reilly faced off over white privilege on last night’s Daily Show. Click here to watch the extended interview.
Some guardian angels choose to look over us from close by.
(Source: ABC News)
GUYS COLORADO NEEDS SOME HELP
There is a bill about to be passed called Amendment 67 that is the ban on ALL abortions. THIS INCLUDES IF THE MOTHER WOULD DIE OR IF SHE WAS RAPED. THIS BILL ALSO CAN MAKE POLICE INSTIGATE ALL NON-LIVE BIRTHS (MISCARRIAGE/STILLBORN).
TUMBLR PLEASE BLOW THIS UP. PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU
If our votes didn’t matter, the Republicans wouldn’t be trying so hard to block people from voting.(via truth-has-a-liberal-bias)
The Marriage Equality Map You Need To Know
With the Supreme Court’s decision not to hear appeals of any of the pending marriage cases, marriage equality is going to expand rapidly in several regions of the country.
WASHINGTON — Americans in 30 states and Washington, D.C., will be allowed to marry someone of the same sex by the time the fallout from Monday’s Supreme Court decision not to hear any of the pending marriage equality cases is done.
That result was not expected — but the impact is immediate. From Utah’s Republican governor to Virginia’s Democratic governor, the Supreme Court’s decision not to decide meant that the governors on Monday were ushering in marriage equality to their respective states.
Marriage equality is now the law in Indiana, Oklahoma, Utah, Virginia, and Wisconsin after the Supreme Court’s decision — joining the 19 states and Washington, D.C., where marriage equality already was the law.
What’s more, the wider impact is already being seen for states within the three federal appeals court circuits involved in Monday’s non-decision. Because the precedent in those circuit courts is that marriage bans are unconstitutional, the bans in other states within those circuits are expected to be ruled unconstitutional in short order, too.
Republican Colorado Attorney General John Suthers said in a statement, “By choosing not to take up the matter, the court has left the 10th Circuit ruling in place. … Once the formalities are resolved, clerks across the state must begin issuing marriage licenses to all same-sex couples.”
The other states still without marriage equality in the 4th Circuit and 10th Circuit courts of appeals — Kansas, North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia, and Wyoming — are expected to follow suit as soon as a court issues a judgment enforcing the circuits’ rule that such bans are unconstitutional. No other states are affected in the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals; the only state not involved in the litigation is Illinois, which already has marriage equality.
Washington is so for full marriage equality, its under States with Full Marriage Equality twice.
The second one is DC.
Looks pretty solid to us. Thanks, I Heart Climate Scientists, for the deliciously fact-y pie chart!
taurus - likes anal
gemini - bdsm freak
cancer - vanilla as fuck
leo - dominant
virgo - practicing abstinence
libra - probably a furry
scorpio - S&M by Rihanna
Sagittarius - will try anything
Capricorn - freaky ass bitch
Aquarius - Skeptical but still a slut
Pisces - horny and dtf w/ anyone
I love my First Lady
Can you please tell her to tell her husband to stop killing muslims? Thanks
literally all she does is try to make the country “healthy” by giving students shitty school lunches like please do something else and help your husband fix the economy! *goes awf*
Imma need y’all to learn how the United States Government works. You don’t have to like her or the president but learn that they do not makes the decisions, they really do not have very much power, the president does not have the power to just snap his fingers and make shit happen or change things. You have to have 2/3 vote from congress to take a shit, let alone do anything having to do with government. The entire government was set up to make sure that exact thing could never happen, that is why there are 3 branches and that little thing called checks and balances.
In fact let me just break this down for y’all right here.
- President has 2 OFFICIAL jobs, Commander and Chief of the Armed Forces, but he only controls a limited amount of the funding for those troops (enough for 90 to 120 days) to engage these troops in combat. He CANNOT just declare war. only congress can declare war. The second, Accountant over the Federal Budget.
- He also is responsible for creating and balancing the national budget, but everything has to be approved by congress with a 2/3 vote.
- He signs bills into law, can veto them as well, however congress can override his veto.
- He assigns judges to the Supreme court, with the senates approval.
- He assigns foreign ambassadors, with the senates approval.
- he creates his own cabinet for people to research into areas that he might not have the time to, these are the only people who do not have to get approval from senate
- congress is made up of 535 people (100 senators 435 HoR) for any of them to come to 1 agreement has only happened once in the history of this country, and that was to go into WWII, and even that the house voted 434 to one (1st woman house of Representative she was from Maine too, she voted against WW1 and 2) and the judicial branch can call anything unconstitutional and kill it as well.
and if you think i’m lying you can literally google this shit in 2 seconds.
That tea is delicious
SAY THAT SHIT AGAIN!